Friday, February 12, 2010

No Weiner-Dogs Here

Well the Arkansas State Board of Education has ruled that our school, Delight Bulldogs, can not consolidate with a school, Weiner, some 200 miles away. The district has until the 1st of March to find a nearby school district to consolidate with or the state will force a merger. Prescott and Murfreesboro school districts are about 12 miles away so I would think that is a safe bet. When I was a kid I was bused about 25 miles away to school and it was no big deal. Everything will work out in the end. I would personally like to see the kids be able to pick from the surrounding districts.
I have not heard anyone talking about it in town so I think everyone already knew it was a longshot. I would love to have seen what a Weiner Dog mascot would look like. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment